Wed 25 Jan | Written by administrator
Version 2.0 Beta 2 installer updated
Fixed another issue with the design time functionality. Installing Guifreaks.Design.Dll in GAC is no longer nessecary.. New installer is available.
Download it here.
Mon 22 Nov | Written by administrator
Version 2.0 Beta installer updated
Fixed some issues with the design time functionality. New installer is available.
Download it here.
Sat 13 Nov | Written by administrator
Version 2.0 Beta available
Download it here. The most important features are:
- Support for office 2010 look and feel.
- Rewritten engine, better stability, better performance.
- If there is not enough space in the overflow panel the buttons will appear in a menu.
- Support for multiple languages. Consider helping us with a translation of the interface if your not from the Netherlands or from any English speaking country.
- The navigationpane now also supports imagelists
- Collapsing support for the office 2003 look and feel.
- Whether the menu items show more buttons and show less buttons are enabled depends now on the amount of visible buttons.
- Rewriten layoutengine
- Issues with reordering bands in design time.
Remember this version is not compatible with the 0.3 release. You'll need to edit some code to get it working with existing code. If you have issues converting the code, please post your problems on the forum.
Important! This is a beta release, download and test it in a seperate project before integrating it in your live application! Remember that beta is not stable and can contain bugs, especially because I rewrote the backend.
Please post your bugs on the forum. Thanks!
Tue 4 May | Written by administrator
As the 0.3 version is pretty much stable, im planning for the new version. Some features which are worth to mention:
The most interesting is the redesigned layout engine, with better performance, better stability (I hop to fix the design time issues with the new engine), but the best is the ability to define custom views, inspired by the devexpress control. Choose the Navbar from devexpress if you want to have commercial support. They are the best, actually the second best. ;-)
- Office 2010 look and feel.
- Office 2003 collapse support.
- Assigning shortcuts to buttons
- The ability to show groups while the Navigationbar is collapsed.
Some important notes. I'll try my best to keep it as much compatible with the latest version as I can. But some things are going to change without a doubt. Keep in mind that you might need to do a little conversion.
The version number will be 2.0, since I see this as the new, more professional stage of the control. There are also more interesting things coming.
When do you release 2.0? when it's done. No promises.